Skip to main content

My First Blog Post!


 
Hello and welcome to my very first blog post. 

 I am Anushka Puniyani, a Product Design student at Asia Pacific University, Malaysia. I am originally from India and I am a creative, imaginative, and intuitive person.

 

 It’s indeed my very first time writing a blog and I started writing this as an assignment for one of my modules- Creativity and Innovation. I am quite intrigued to write my thoughts and views on a professional platform and I desire to learn and make the best out of it.

 

 I feel that expressing your thoughts through either writing or speaking can both be very different experiences on their own. When you speak it’s more of a rapid thinking process, you pick keywords and speak what comes to your mind. On the other hand, writing about the same thing is a more detailed thinking process where you think while you write, and as you are writing you imagine the scenario in your head and these whole different perspectives come to your mind. I expect the same from writing these blogs to think and understand as well as able to express my thoughts more comprehensively.

 

 Thank you for taking the time to read my first blog.

 

 It will be great if you give your valuable feedback or suggestions so that I could positively accept it and improve my next blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Prototype - User Interaction

  Integrating prototyping into your product development process can be transformational. It can make a richer experience, and enable the user to empathize with the product.  The point of a prototype is to have a tangible visual representation of the solutions discussed throughout the design process. Instead of repeating the information discussed in the ideation phase - a prototype acts as a model that takes into consideration everything discussed.  Having this model allows me as a designer to validate my concepts by sharing the prototype with the users. After observing the user interaction with the mockup model, I made few modifications and then finally prototype was built. The materials used in the final model were polycarbonate sheets and a wooden bench. The polycarbonate was sourced from a small-scale roofing factory where the extra polycarbonate sheets which were wrongly cut or minorly defective were available at a very reasonable price. Whereas I searched for wooden ...

TEST- understand, observe, visualize and iterate.

  Testing, in Design Thinking, involves generating user feedback as related to the prototypes you have developed, as well as gaining a deeper understanding of your users.  Testing is the chance to get a product out into the world and test it in real-time. During this phase, you have a chance to see if you’ve framed the problem correctly.  Above is my recording and evaluation from the user testing. The user seems satisfied with the product and didn't have much to offer when it came to concluding drawbacks. Therefore I had to closely observe the user interaction to identify the points of improvement.  Thank you for reading my blog. Do share your views on the testing stage in the comment section below.

Material Selection

The materials used in the product have a large impact on the success of the design. Selection of material is very important when it comes to finalizing the design. Select materials with properties that doesn't enable meeting the product's performance or reliability requirements and are difficult to work during manufacturing or assembly and be prepared to endure lower than expected profits. These problems can be avoided by keeping in mind the following steps: Identify the design requirements Identify the material selection criteria Consider product aesthetics Evaluate the material and manufacturing cost Prototype and test Finalize materials Polycarbonate  is considered almost unbreakable, giving it a clear advantage over glass in safety. Because it is durable, impact-resistant, and can withstand heat, it has a long lifespan, cutting down on the cost of replacement. Polycarbonate sheeting is six times lighter than standard glass panels, making installation quicker and easier than...